Our new signature program, the CAPE Leaders Fellowship, is an incubator to equip the next generation of creative executives and talent representatives to break into the VP ranks. The Fellowship will be run by senior members of CAPE’s Board of Directors, and will feature high-level speakers and sessions to train participants in the art of communication, leadership, and pitching, among other skills.
In the AAPI culture, young adults commonly are trained to defer to authority and are not encouraged to become leaders. As executives and media leaders who have overcome these cultural barriers, we at CAPE recognize the unique responsibility and opportunity we have to share our experiences and teach the next generation.
The Fellowship is slated to launch in July 2017. Sessions will be held Monday evenings and Wednesday mornings from July 17, 2017 – August 7, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
– Entrants should support CAPE’s mission to champion diversity by educating, connecting, and empowering Asian American and Pacific Islander artists and leaders in entertainment and media.
– Entrants must be 18 years or older.
– Entrants must have a minimum of one year experience in the entertainment industry at the manager or director level (or equivalent level).
– Finalists must be able to provide their own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the program.
– All finalists agree to participate in all sessions and meetings. Sessions will be held twice a week on Monday evenings and Wednesdays mornings from July 17, 2017 – August 7, 2017.
Applicants must submit:
– Online application form
– Resume (PDF)
– One (1) Letter of Recommendation from your supervisor or superior (PDF)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline to apply: May 1, 2017 at 11:59pm PST