The CAPE New Writers Fellowship discovers and nurtures emerging writers launching their careers in television and film. This unique, immersive Fellowship arms each participant with the practical and business knowledge they need to succeed as a professional writer in the entertainment industry. Each session is taught by top television and film writers, producers, agents, managers, and executives through a series of intimate panels and discussions. The Fellowship also offers a Writing Lab, which matches each Fellow with a high-level industry mentor to help them revise their scripts into professional-level writing samples to get them noticed and land that all-important first job.
The Fellowship runs from early March to mid-April with each Session and Writing Lab meeting weekday evenings for approximately 2 hours in the Los Angeles, CA area. Fellows must provide their own housing and transportation throughout the duration of the Fellowship.
We’ve aligned the Fellowship to end shortly before NBC Universal’s Writers on the Verge Program begins its application season. CAPE New Writers Fellows will get a head start and expert preparation to put them in the best possible position to apply for NBC and other network writing programs.
Submissions for the 2019 CAPE New Writers Fellowship will open December 1, 2018.
– Writers must be 18 years or older.
– Writers must not have been a staff writer on an episodic nor have had a feature worth over $1 million budget produced, regardless of which category they are applying for.
– Writers must be able to work in the United States.
– If selected, writers MUST attend every single session in-person. No exceptions.
– All sessions take place in the Los Angeles area. Writers must provide their own transportation and lodging for the duration of the program. CAPE is unable to offer any financial or other assistance regarding accommodations.
For more information, please visit see Frequently Asked Questions or email [email protected]
Past CAPE New Writers Fellows