Save the Date - 15th Annual CAPE New Writers Fellowship submissions will begin December 1, 2014.
Stay tuned on our Facebook and Twitter for instant #CNWF updates!
- 2 submission categories: Film and Television*
- Up to 10 fellows will be selected
- Fellows will receive:
- Cash stipend per Writer or Writing Team
- Intensive 11-session curriculum with industry professionals in Los Angeles from March to April (all finalists must attend all classes and lab sessions)
- Exclusive opportunities to meet with successful entertainment agents, managers, producers, and executives
We’ve aligned the Fellowship to end right before the NBC Universal’s Writers on the Verge Program begins its application season. CNWF Finalists will get a head start and expert preparation to put them in the best possible position to apply for NBC and other network writing programs.
Hear some of the CAPE New Writers Fellows from previous years share their experiences.
The CAPE New Writers Fellowship is a unique program dedicated to discovering and nurturing AAPI writers and launching their careers in television and film. We are proud of the enormous success of last year’s program, where ALL of the 2014 TV Fellows are currently employed on existing TV shows as staff writers or script coordinators. Success stories include TV staff writers Helen Shang (NBC’s “Hannibal”), Frederick Kim (USA’s “Complications”), Thomas Wong (FOX’s “Backstrom”), Aaron Ho (Disney’s “Austin & Ally”), Ken Cheng (Amazon’s “Betas”), and Leonard Chang (FX’s “Justified”); script coordinators Nikhil Jayaram (NBC’s “Allegiance”) and Christopher Wu (Amazon’s “Bosch”); and screenwriter Alice Wu (Sony Classics’ SAVING FACE).
*CNWF is accepting only original spec TV scripts or screenplays. Spec episodes of existing shows will not be accepted as your submission.