14th Annual CAPE New Writers Fellowship is now officially open for submissions!
Attention writers! Do you have material, but need some guidance on how to successfully pitch your project? CAPE New Writers Fellowship is the perfect program for you.
- 2 submission categories: Film and Television
- Up to 10 fellows will be selected
- Fellows will receive:
- Cash stipend per Writer or Writing Team
- Intensive 11-session curriculum with industry professionals in Los Angeles from March to April (all finalists must be attend all classes and lab sessions)
- Exclusive opportunities to meet with successful entertainment agents, managers, producers, and executives
Submit your materials today! You can submit more than one script (each script requires a set of submission materials and fee).
Submission materials can be found on the registration confirmation page. Be sure to click thru to proceed to the page with submission forms.
Sign up and become a CAPE member at $75/year or CAPE student member at $25/year.
Stay tuned on our website, Facebook, and Twitter for instant #CNWF updates!
The CNWF submission and Fellowship schedule has been moved forward so that Graduation will coincide with sponsor NBC Universal’s Writers on the Verge call for submissions.
2014 CAPE Fellows will be encouraged to apply for the NBC Universal’s Writers on the Verge program. Their submissions will be recognized as CNWF writers.
Hear some of the 2013 CAPE New Writers Fellows share their experiences.
For over a decade, the CAPE New Writers program has been dedicated to discovering and nurturing Asian American and Pacific Islander voices and talents. This unique program has helped launch the careers of numerous writers. Success stories include Aaron Ho (COUGAR TOWN, AUSTIN & ALLY), Alice Wu (SAVING FACE), Ken Cheng (WILFRED, BETAS), Leonard Chang (AWAKE), Thomas Wong (FOX Writer’s Intensive Winner) and more.